At St Christopher’s, we inspire and nurture lifelong learners through effective teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable experiences for our children.
We expect our children to achieve high standards in all that they do; children only get one chance at education.
We are proud of our EYFS staff and children’s diverse backgrounds, and we come together with an atmosphere of respect for each other. This is accomplished by: good leadership, effective management, committed staff, governors, parents and pupils working together as a team.
Our school values are an important part of what makes our school special;
Friendship, Trust, Honesty, Courage, Kindness and Happiness
Our Nursery and Reception teams work very closely together to enhance the teaching and learning experiences. We share our learning spaces indoors and outdoors and staff regularly team teach lessons across the classes. This, we feel has supported staff and children to get to know each other’s behaviour patterns and thus created a more harmonious transition between the 2 classes and created lots of fun filled learning opportunities between the different age groups, giving children a chance to learn and teach one another.
A little bit more about us:
- We have a spacious and secure outdoor area that we encourage our children of all ages to use all year round.
- We supply a wide range of all-inclusive activities such as learning Spanish, French, Urdu and Gujarati as well as cookery lessons, gardening sessions, Music, movement and drama (Theatre bugs) and sports (Teddy Tennis in the summer term)
- We provide wholesome snacks (nursery only) each day prepared by our onsite nursery staff with our range of menus which are fresh and have a variety of options that are suitable for each age group.
- We keep a record of your child’s learning and progress through detailed observations and a collection of samples of work, stored in a ‘learning journey’. Parents are welcome to view it at any time during the year.
- At Nursery we use I Pads to capture child led learning. The photos are used to aid staff in writing detailed observations highlighting next steps in the child’s learning and development. Your child’s special moments and achievements are captured and placed into a Learning journey. You will be able to view the observations as a learning journey, flipping through the pages in time order.
- Each child is assigned to a specific person (key person) who is responsible for ensuring the care and safety of your children and for reviewing and monitoring their development and wellbeing as they settle into the nursery.
- Our unique range of child-led and adult-led activities and EYFS facilities are fully supported by the Early Years Foundation Stage for all our toddlers, pre-schoolers and Reception children to enjoy.
‘We aim to develop the child socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually. We do this by forming strong partnerships with children, parents and the wider community. This helps us to provide excellence in the quality of teaching and learning in a caring and stimulating environment’
We look forward to seeing you and your little one very soon!
Miss B- Head of EYFS