Our vision is to provide a nursery that respects and values each child. We have the advantages of a small, nurturing family atmosphere which helps to achieve each child’s full potential. We strive to provide interesting and engaging experiences that make our nursery an ideal place to begin your child’s learning journey.
Through a rich variety of experience the children can:
- Develop a sense of responsibility, care, consideration and respect towards themselves and others
- Develop lively and enquiring minds
- Develop academically to the best of their ability
- Learn to respect religions and moral values and celebrate the diversity of people, religions and ways of life
- Acquire knowledge and develop relevant life skills in an ever changing world.
St Christopher’s School was founded in 1928 and was originally a Christian Foundation. It was started in response to the increase in population of the Wembley District which grew from 16,000 in 1921 to around 40,000 in 1930. This was due to the new Metropolitan Railway which caused a swathe of new residential dwellings to be built.
Many of the new families living here included children and although the local Council did its best to cope, it could not build new schools fast enough, and a number of private schools were opened.
Since that time, a preparatory school has existed on the same site. There have been many improvements and extensions to the building throughout the years which now provides a large hard surfaced playground, ICT room and library, medical room, EYFS outdoor area and canopy, a main hall and 7 classrooms.
The nursery was established in 2016 and is running successfully alongside the school.